Aquatic Manager (Permanent FullTime)
Canadian Recreation Excellence Corporation is proud to have been selected by the City of Chilliwack to operate the City’s Recreation Centre’s (Chilliwack Landing Leisure Centre, Cheam Leisure Centre and Rotary Outdoor Pool)
beginning in October 2015. We are in search of honest, hard-working, enthusiastic staff who are “Serious about Fun!”
Our search for staff includes the following position right now:
Position: Aquatic Manager
Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Aquatic and Facility Manager, the Aquatic Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our patrons have a safe, enjoyable and FUN swimming experience while at our facilities.
The Aquatic Manager will be a role model and educator to our Aquatic Staff in regard to Recreation Excellence’s strong belief in the companies 7 Unifying Principles, Mission Statement, and Core Mandates. The complete focus of Recreation Excellence is to work in harmony with its staff, their guests, and clients. In order to meet that goal, the Aquatic Manager will hire, model, educate, evaluate, retain or release Aquatic Staff in regard to their overall abilities in all areas but most importantly in the area of growing a healthy work place and work environment that helps Recreation Excellence achieve its goals of excellence in service and company growth.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated Aquatic Manager who possesses the following qualifications:
- Lifesaving NL Pool Option and/or NL Waterpark
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor – or ability to take the Red Cross Transfer course
- Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED
- Lifesaving Instructor
- WHMIS Training
- Pool Operator Level 1 & 2 (BCRPA or RFABC)
- 1 of the following – Water Safety Instructor Trainer, First Aid Instructor and/or NL Instructor
- Exemplary customer service training
- 1-2 years of management or supervisory skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Works well as a team player as well as independently
- Stamina, energy and willingness to learn and provide a safe and enjoyable aquatic facility
The following qualifications would be an asset:
- NL Instructor and/or NL Recert Conductor
- Lifesaving Instructor Trainer
- Lifesaving First Aid Instructor or Lifesaving First Aid Instructor Trainer (or Red Cross)
- Lifesaving Head Lifeguard Course and/or Red Cross Aquatic Programmer Course
- AquaFit Instructor (BCRPA or CALA)
Your duties could include, but not limited to:
- The ability to model appropriate behaviours as outlined in Organization’s 7 Unifying Principals – Unconditional Respect, Unconditional Trustworthiness, Team Work, Open, Forthright Communication, Perpetual Growth, Reverence for the Client & Company and Humour & Goodwill.
- Public swim programming
- Supervise all scheduled lifeguard and swim instructors
- Oversee daily lesson programs and private lessons
- Coordinate and organize staff to perform routine pool cleaning and maintenance
- Provide excellent customer service to the public always
- Candidates require passion and experience in the delivery of exceptional, creative swimming instruction in a child centred learning environment, as well as the ability to oversee programs, services and special events as required in an efficient and organized manner.
- Administration responsibilities to include lesson programming (Red Cross and Private Lessons) and advance leadership courses. 10-20 hours on deck supervision and 20-30 hours office administration.
- Coordinate new staff orientation and training as well as assist with In-service Training
- Greet all guests in a pleasant and friendly manner as well as answer questions about the facility, its programs and services and Recreation Excellence, as needed
- This position is scheduled for days, evenings and weekends
- Perform all other related duties as required
Wage: $45,000 – $48,000 per year, depending on experience and certifications. Employment includes Extended Benefits after 6-months and a Facility Membership along with additional training and education.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons search prior to commencing work and must maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
Closing Date: Until positions are filled
Please submit applications including a cover letter and resume outlining why you want to be an Aquatic Manager with Recreation Excellence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.